Pros and Cons of Square Wave Inverters
Square wave inverters are the cheapest category of inverters available in the market. They are considered suitable for running smaller devices at home like lights, fans, bulbs, etc. Its waveforms have different harmonics due to which some devices are not safe to be used with it. So, the devices which are compatible with the harmonics present in their waveform should be used with them. There are many pros and cons of using a square wave inverter as a power source in your home. These are as follows:
PROS OF SQUARE WAVE INVERTERS
- CHEAP: The most advantageous thing about square wave inverters is that they are available at cheap prices. As compared to other types of inverters available in the market, they have higher affordability and could be used even by people who are not very rich to buy a high-end inverter sets for day to day use. People could buy square wave inverters if they have low budgets.
- LOW MAINTENANCE: These inverters do not require a high level of care and maintenance. Since they are used to power only small and limited range of devices in the home, they do not have to carry a heavy load. They need servicing and wiring checks only once or twice in a while.
- STORAGE BENEFITS: These inverters come in small shapes which makes their storage very easy. They could easily be installed at any place in the household. They do not even require installation of some other additional devices for putting them to use, making them very convenient and easy to use.
CONS OF SQUARE WAVE INVERTERS
- NOISE: As compared to other advance quality inverters, square wave inverters cause a heavy noise and disruption of tasks. The gadgets that are powered using square wave inverters make irritating and loud humming noises that could easily be identified. This makes it less usable and beneficial for households.
- NOT SUITABLE FOR HEAVY USAGE: Square wave inverters could not be used to power devices that consume high energy levels as this inverter is not qualified for delivery of high energy levels. It could only be used for simple and smalls appliances like fans and bulbs. Trying to power heavy devices using it might result in the inverter getting damages due to heavy loads put on it. It might also burn the wiring, so it is better than heavy appliances that are not tried with it.
- SAFETY: According to the safety parameters, square wave inverters are not fit for use. They are no really safe for daily usage and could have repeated wire burning or short circuit instances affecting the health of the connecting devices as well. They could also give electric shocks and currents if they are touched. So, the use of these inverters is highly disputed in households as they do have some kids or animals that might get shocks due to touching the inverter set up in the house.
The above few points mention the disadvantages as well as the advantages that one could avail from using the square wave inverters. So before buying these sets, people should go through all these points and ensure that they are buying the right products.