Gynecomastia surgery aims to reduce breast size in men who are self-conscious about their overly large breasts. Although men do not develop breasts in the same way that women do, all boys are born with a small amount of breast tissue. It can occur when the balance of two hormones in a male body is impacted.
Estrogen hormone is present in both men and women. The hormone is responsible for the growth of breast tissue in men; however, this hormone is neutralized by testosterone, to stop the growth of breast tissue. If it does not stop, the condition is known as Gynecomastia.
Gynecomastia sign and symptoms include:-
- A lump of fatty tissue under the nipple could be the first sign of gynecomastia. This lump can be tender or painful at times.
- When the breast or nipple is touched, it can be painful or tender.
- The breast gets swollen, which can be extremely painful. And the skin around the swelling can appear reddish.
The procedure and gynecomastia surgery cost in turkey
There are two ways to conduct breast removal in males. Either liposuction or tissue excision.
Male breast reduction through liposuction method-
If a patient is obese and has excess fat tissue under the skin, liposuction is suitable for such a condition. Suctioning is used to extract the subcutaneous fat using a cannula attached to the vacuum pump inserted through the incision. Following are the steps:-
- Before the operation, local anesthesia with sedation or general anesthesia is provided.
- An incision is made on the targeted or exact area or from where the fat must be pulled out.
- The surgeon sculpts the chest to give it a fresh look and contour while removing fat from the targeted areas.
- Sutures and stitches are used to seal the incision.
Male breast reduction through tissue excision method-
- The procedure starts by giving local anesthesia with sedation or general anesthesia to the patient.
- Depending on the affected areas, incisions are made on either side of the chest.
- In comparison to liposuction, a vast amount of glandular tissue or skin is resection from the incisions.
- Sutures and stitches are used to seal the incision. After the removal of skin or tissue.
Gynecomastia surgery price in turkey is around $1900 to $3200, which includes a couple of days in the hospital and a hotel stay. As compared to the western countries the surgery cost is much lesser with all the latest medical facilities. Turkey is one of the safest medical tourist destinations for men suffering from gynecomastia.
Recovery time and instructions after the surgery
Although the rate of recovery varies from patient to patient, they must remain in the facility for at least 14 days after discharge. This amount of time is recommended to complete the appropriate follow-ups and control checks to ensure that the surgery went well. Always follow the surgeon’s patient care guidelines, which include wearing compression garments, taking care of your drains, and taking an antibiotic if necessary.
In over 20 nations, we have accredited healthcare providers. You can expect us to share two to three separate hospital choices and surgeon suggestions based on your preferred destination.
We keep all of the reports we generate on HIPAA-compliant storage servers. Your medical records are only shared for review with a small group of healthcare providers. They can only view the report that has been shared with them and cannot be downloaded in any situation.
Before, during, and after travel, we provide end-to-end support. Visa assistance, logistics planning, clinical support and coordination, and grievance management are also included in our service.
Telemedicine by MediGence makes healthcare accessible for critical care that allows patients and their families to avail video consultation with the world’s renowned surgeons in a few simple steps.
We do not charge anything from our patients for the services that we provide to them. We are paid a referral fee by the healthcare partner where the patient receives treatment. We only charge a nominal service fee for organ transplantation cases. We care about your health.